Gulick Trucking - Physical Damage Claims

About Insurance

Liability insurance

Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser (the “insured”) from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. It protects the insured in the event he or she is sued for claims that come within the coverage of the insurance policy. Commercial auto insurance is liability coverage, which US DOT requires. It covers a driver liable for damaging cars or injuring others. In other words it helps cover the financial responsibility if you or an authorized driver is at fault in an accident and people are injured or their property is damaged.

Trucking Liability Insurance will not cover damage to your own vehicle. It also doesn’t protect you in the event of theft, fire, vandalism or other disasters that may occur to your truck. It also doesn’t cover damage to your trailer or cargo.

Physical Damage insurance

Physical Damage insurance is a type of insurance that covers damages to your truck and trailer. This type of coverage is typically offered as part of an auto insurance policy. Physical Damage is a general term for a group of insurance coverages that protect your vehicle.

Physical damage policies do not pay out for damage done to cargo. The typically Physical Damage policies do not cover driver’s personal items, electronics, tarps, chains, binders, tools as well as any non-permanently attached equipment to the insured’s tractor or trailer.

Motor Truck Cargo insurance

Motor Truck Cargo insurance is a type of liability insurance for truckers who carry the cargo of others and is used in the event that the cargo is destroyed, damaged, stolen, or otherwise declared a loss while in the process of being shipped. In other words, motor truck cargo insurance covers cargo while it is being transported on trucks.

Occupational accident insurance

Occupational accident insurance is a type of insurance that provides benefits to employees or the families of employees who are injured or killed in job-related accidents. It can be used to offer benefits to independent contractors and to classes of employees who are not covered by a government operated workers’ compensation policy.